There are tons of HVAC contractors out there, so it’s more important than ever to make your company stand out. One way to do this is by offering deregulated energy to your clients.
The addition of deregulated energy gives your business several unique advantages and more options to build stronger business. Let’s explore a few of them.
Easy Cash Flow
When you sell deregulated energy in addition to your core HVAC services, you have the opportunity to supplement your cash flow. You’ll earn commissions from all the deregulated energy you sell.
This can increase your cash flow significantly this way, allowing you to invest more into your business.
Unlock Bigger Opportunities
Increasing your cash flow is always great, but it’s not the only value of incorporating deregulated energy into your HVAC business. You can also use it to develop more opportunities for your business.
For example, let’s say you’ve got a client on the hook for a sizable project, but they can’t quite get the budget for it. By offering deregulated energy at a fraction of the rate your client is currently paying, you can help them open their budget enough to accommodate your HVAC job.
You can also build more trust with prospects and existing clients. With a solid energy affiliate program, you can offer rates up to 50% lower than your client’s existing energy costs. Over a year or two those savings can be enormous. And one of the best ways to build trust and better business relationships is to save people money.
Incentives for Clients
Another way to take advantage of deregulated energy for your HVAC business is to use your commissions for an incentive program.
For example, at BOX we’ve seen HVAC contractors offer a reduced price on HVAC services when a client purchases energy. For the client, this is a win-win: they save money on energy and they save money on their HVAC services. For you, this means you can close more jobs without losing your shirt.
Finding the Right Energy Program for Your Business
So what makes a good energy program for HVAC contractors?
- First, it should be easy to use. You’re probably not an energy expert and you probably don’t have time to become one, so the program should be suitable for your knowledge of the energy sector.
- It should provide truly competitive rates. Some programs inflate the prices to make big bucks, leaving you with rates that don’t sell.
- It should offer a strong support team. If you’re just getting into selling energy, you might have a lot of questions and need some guidance. Don’t get left in the dust by poor support.
EnerConnect Energy Affiliate Program
At Broker Online Exchange, we connect HVAC contractors to one of the most lucrative energy programs available: EnerConnect.
With EnerConnect, you can sell energy in three simple steps:
- Take a picture of your client’s bill.
- You’ll receive price comparisons from the nation’s top energy suppliers to review with your client.
- Once you’ve found the best price for your client, they just sign the contract.
That’s it. Then you’re in for commissions.
We’ve revolutionized the retail energy space first with our energy broker program and now with our affiliate program. We’re trusted daily to provide hundreds of brokers with the best energy rates from all the top suppliers in the country. With our stellar reputation and exceptional pricing, it’s no surprise we’re the largest energy broker network in North America.
And we’re happy to share our experience and knowledge with you. Our support team is here to help our affiliates when they need it most. We don’t win unless you do too, so you always know there’s no funny business.