Facebook can be an extremely powerful, lucrative tool for marketing your energy broker services, but it needs to be used properly. Facebook isn’t just a podium for promoting your services. It’s also a tool for engaging the public, as well as potential clients in your industry. To help you navigate this social media platform, here are 7 of our top Facebook marketing tips for energy brokers:

  1. Polish your Profile

    It is so easy to create a polished and professional-looking Facebook profile, it’s unacceptable to have a sloppy page in today’s online world. Create some branding for your Facebook profile that highlights your professionalism. Choose a professional-looking banner image, and put some thought into a profile picture that best represents you as an energy broker.

  2. 80/20

    The 80/20 rule is designed to prevent your social media marketing efforts from coming off as spam. This easy-to-follow rule is simple—make 80% (4 in every 5) of your posts informational in nature. The remaining 20% (1 in 5) can specifically discuss your services. However, still try to avoid using spam-like language.

  3. Find Groups

    Your social media marketing won’t be very successful if you don’t have a social network to market to. Be sure to put yourself out there, so people can both find and interact with you. Joining groups can be a great way to widen your circle of Facebook ‘friends,’ but look for ones that are relevant to your business. For example, energy brokers should look for local business groups, executive groups, and groups that potential clients might be in. Once you’ve joined these groups, join the conversations without directly promoting your services.

  4. Start a Group

    If there isn’t a group that works well with your mission, don’t be afraid to create one. Don’t make it too specific to your energy broker services, or you won’t get many members. Instead, pick a broader topic, like energy management for businesses.

  5. Advertise

    If you don’t have a lot of time to develop a substantial Facebook following, consider leveraging paid ads. Paid Facebook ads are a great way to boost the number of people seeing your pages and posts. Boost your most effective posts, infographics, and other relevant content. These will be more likely to get you results.

  6. Engage

    Facebook is a platform for interaction, so don’t continually post content without working on engagement. Ideally, you should be spending more time on engagement than on content creation. Otherwise, you won’t have a following to read your material.

  7. Analytics

    Facebook marketing isn’t simply posting content, and hoping it succeeds. The best Facebook promoters continually measure their successes via analytics. Analytics are available in charts, and they keep track of the likes, shares, and comments on your Facebook business page.

These tips will help you hit the ground running when it comes to your Facebook marketing. But social media marketing alone won’t make a difference to your success, unless it’s coupled with smart business practices. Check out our proprietary software, EnergyEngine, to see how it can help you streamline your interactions with both clients and suppliers, and give us a call today.