Talen Energy is a competitive retail electricity supplier and one of the largest independent power producers in the United States.
They generate and sell electricity, capacity and related products from a fleet of power plants that uses diverse fuel sources: carbon-free nuclear, clean and flexibly dispatched natural gas, efficient coal that is well-positioned to meet current and pending environmental regulations.
Talen Energy’s plants are located principally in the Northeast and Texas, in some of the largest, most attractive competitive power markets in the United States. They have the scale and the technological and fuel diversity to adapt to changing market conditions and regulatory developments.
- The electricity they produce could keep the Empire State Building lit for over 1600 days
- They can power more than 1.1 Billion LED efficient 14w light bulbs
- They have dual headquarters in The Woodlands, TX and Allentown, PA
- They are the #1 Independent Generator in the PJM
- They are entering ERCOT & NYISO in the back half of 2018
Markets and Local Distribution Companies Served
Delmarva Power & Light
Baltimore Gas & Electric, Delmarva Power & Light, Potomac Electric, Potomac Edison (Allegheny Power)
Atlantic City Electric, Jersey Central Power & Light, Public Service Electric & Gas
Cleveland Illuminating Company, Columbus Southern, Dayton Power & Light, Duke Energy, Ohio Edison, Ohio Power, Toledo Edison
Duquesne Light, Metropolitan Edison, Pennsylvania Electric, Pennsylvania Power & Light, Penn Power, Philadelphia Electric Company, West Penn Power (Allegheny Power)