Ampex Energy is an innovative energy supply company, leveraging unique relationships, state of the art technology, strong financial position, and a lean team of some of the industry’s most experienced professionals. This unparalleled combination of technology, experience, financial strength, and relationships help Ampex to provide customers with the most aggressive and unique pricing in the market.
Compass is an innovative new energy product that allows end users to fully maximize the advantages of the deregulated energy markets. Compass grants customers the ability to achieve the benefits of price certainty, through a fixed price product, and limits excess hedging costs through the use of weather normalized bands. These costs savings are passed directly on to customers.
How Compass Works
- Ampex uses historical usage in our proprietary weather normalizing algorithms, to calculate upper and lower thresholds of usage (‘bands’) distinctive to each customers’ property.
- Each customer’s distinctive upper and lower bands are outlined in their energy supply contract.
- Compass offers the lowest cost fixed price product, when a customer stays within the defined bands.
- If you use more than the defined upper band, no problem, we charge index price plus a small adder.
- In the unlikely event a customer goes below their lower band, they are charged the lower band price.
- Compass allows Ampex to properly hedge your usage limiting excess hedging, risk premiums or options premiums charged by competitors which we pass on to the customer.